Improve Your Positional Chess Skills!
In this hot new course, FM Charlie Storey focus on how to improve your positional chess skills. But, what are positional skills?
It's not easy when it comes to describing a general chess skill. Still, FM Storey, with his long and proficuous coaching experience, presents you with a video-course that tackles all the aspects of positional chess.
Charlie, with his unmistakable style - witty and at times provocative - guides you through 12 chapters:
1) Assessing / Evaluation is simply your opinion
2) Improve your Pieces (including central pawns) from Red to Yellow to Green to Purple
3) Pawn Structure is overrated unless the activity (color coding) is equal
4) Never touch a pawn unless it is a central pawn
5) Never start a "fair trade of pieces" as it will improve the color of one of your opponent's pieces
6) Preventing is a last resort. Only when you have an excellent reason. Reduce your opponent's color-coding.
7) Small range plans with a tempo are far better than small range plans
8) Changing positional advantages to a different positional advantage
9) Positional Stereotypes (Precise Calculation is better)
10) Popular Positional Plans
11) Combinational Skill is needed to execute your good positional plan
12) Aiming for an ending with a better position
Join Charlie in this super instructional course!
About the Author
In 1991 FM Charles Storey had a severe allergic reaction, which left him in a serious debilitated and non-communicative state for over 2 years.
During this time period Charles began devising a training method based on computational thinking and logic to help him improve his chess skills and turn his situation around around. Over the next several years, Charles refined his theories to help others enhance their chess ability by using computational thinking for the human chess player.
Today, The Super Human Chess Engine has helped create the fastest FIDE improvement of a 10-year-old UK player within three years to reach 2242 FIDE rated.
Here's what you'll find in the Improve Your Positional Chess Skills:
- Improve your Pieces
- Pawn structure is Overrated!
- Never Touch Wing Pawns!
- Never Start a Fair trade
- Changing Positional Advantage
- Stereotipical Positional Advantages
- Positional Plans
- Combinational Skill
- Aiming for an Ending
An interactive training session in ICC's Learning Center based on the course material.
Challenging Puzzles: 60 puzzles for you to practice and sharpen your skills, and 23 annotated games.
Rating 5 star :67% ( 2 ) 4 star :33% ( 1 )
Customer ReviewsSort by:
3 Item(s)per pageImprove your Positional Chess Skills - by FM Charlie Storey Review by cthulhutheold
Great videos Review by irodriguez1212
Great Book Review by mickchess
Login to add review
Buy this product to add review