|5 star :||
|( 20 )|
Here is what my kids said about Rabren:
1) Rabren did not teach us opening at the very beginning. He started out by giving us some positions and asked us to investigate. Once he found out the flaws and he started introducing opening theory and sending us homework to practice specific on where we are flawed with
2) Rabren gave positions which is much/a lot harder and challenged than what we can find from chess website. Especially these positions are more often happening when we played with adults in the real games
3) Rabren is so easy-going and so smooth to communicate besides he speaks fluent english.
My experience is that Rabren communicated with me as parents the progress of kids and is very responsible for the progress that my kid can make. He always carefully customized the study plan for each kid and helped them improve and grow individually. My kids have made very good improvement, especially in the real tournament.
I am very happy with Rabren! 5 stars! (Posted on March 28, 2018)
(Posted on March 13, 2018)
Instead of applying a one-size-fits-all curriculum, Rabren will suggest study based on your skillset, games, and discussion to come up with the best fit for you.
For example, Rabren saw that I preferred a certain type of opening system. He went into his database and found tons of games with similar ideas and positions. My homework was to go over them and improve - at first, the ideas seemed to go over my head. Coach Rabren and I then came up with a plan that I should go over the games myself, try to understand them, and then he and I would "proofread" my analysis together. I think this is the best way for me to learn.
He is easy to talk to and discuss chess with, and I highly, highly, recommend him.
(Posted on April 3, 2017)
- Structured classes with a consistent method where is possible to cover tactics, endgames and analyse your own games. I really got impressed with his ability to point out my mistakes and give me advices.
- Flexibility to adapt the classes to the necessities of the student. Knowing the psicologycal aspects of the game in great deepth, he will suggest a way of studing that is most suitable for each student.
- Flexibility of times, so he is always able to find a schedule that is good for you.
- Speaks english very well what helps a lot the communication and gives the necessary attention and support by email.
- He offers classes at reasonable prices.
To sum up: i wish i had knew him before and i assure you won't be dissapointed!! Absolutely 5 stars!
(Posted on March 27, 2017)