|5 star :||
|( 26 )|
- speaks perfect English,
- is always on the point and very concrete in his analysis,
- is very reliable / punctual and
- makes individual lessons for each of us - see details below.
To adjust to the level of knowledge he was first looking through some of our games. After that a typical two hour training lesson is looking like this:
- some tactical puzzles first (30 minutes)
- some endgames (30 minutes)
- individual analysis of games up to move 20 for your opening repertoire (60 minutes)
On a weekly bases Vladan is compiling a set of model games that fit the opening repertoire of me or my son.
Probably you could ask for a different lesson layout (e.g. more game analysis from your own games), but to us his approach makes a lot of sense.
For the lessons we use a Skype to talk and BlitzIn to share a chess board.
Thanks a lot!
(Posted on September 29, 2018)
Coach Rabren started with giving positions based on their levels. He also reviewed games with the kids every class in order to know their strength and weakness. Then, he structured the class accordingly. Coach Rabren is a knowledgeable, easy going, and patient coach. He always responses my email quickly as well.
We had a very good experience with Coach Rabren and definitely recommend him! (Posted on August 5, 2018)
Here is what my kids said about Rabren:
1) Rabren did not teach us opening at the very beginning. He started out by giving us some positions and asked us to investigate. Once he found out the flaws and he started introducing opening theory and sending us homework to practice specific on where we are flawed with
2) Rabren gave positions which is much/a lot harder and challenged than what we can find from chess website. Especially these positions are more often happening when we played with adults in the real games
3) Rabren is so easy-going and so smooth to communicate besides he speaks fluent english.
My experience is that Rabren communicated with me as parents the progress of kids and is very responsible for the progress that my kid can make. He always carefully customized the study plan for each kid and helped them improve and grow individually. My kids have made very good improvement, especially in the real tournament.
I am very happy with Rabren! 5 stars! (Posted on March 28, 2018)
(Posted on March 13, 2018)