The World's #1 Chess Program!!
Komodo 9 is the top-rated chess program in the world according to the computer engine rating lists (IPON, CCRL & CEGT). It is also the current champion of the world's strongest chess engine tournament, the TCEC.
Komodo 9 is a substantial improvement over Komodo 8, which was already rated among the top three chess engines on almost all rating lists. Komodo 9 is approximately +50 Elo stronger than Komodo 8 on one core according to the independent IPON test and our own internal testing, with the gain increasing to about +60 Elo on 4 cores. Gains come from improved search, evaluation, and time management, as well as more efficient use of multiprocessing.
Komodo is two-time TCEC champion, the most prestigious online computer chess event, and has also won several CCT events.
Komodo supports Syzygy tablebases and is available for Windows, Linux, Mac and Android.
- Evaluation developed by a Grandmaster
- Multi-core support (up to 64 cores)
- Syzygy endgame tablebase support
What's new in Komodo 9
- Evaluation improvements
- - better assessment of mobility/activity
- - improved handling of drawish positions
- - improved understanding of attacks on the king
- Improved search performance (much better time-to-depth)
- Chess 960 (Fischer Random Chess) support
- Persistent Hash: save and restore analysis
- Over 100 other improvements throughout the software
- ICC for Mac/Windows
- Chess Assistant
- Hiarcs Chess Explorer
- Shredder (Classic)
Minimum: Pentium III 1 GHz, 16 MB ram
Operating system: Windows, Linux, Mac (OSX 10.5.8 or higher), Android version availableonly from Google.
(note: Komodo does not include a 'chessboard'. See Installation instructions.)
Rating 5 star :100% ( 2 )
Customer ReviewsSort by:
2 Item(s)per page
Login to add review
Buy this product to add review