The DGT Project's Electronic Chessboard is the PERFECT way to play Computer Chess! This elegant Chessboard connects to your PC via USB, allowing you accurately recreate the tournament-playing experience while playing against one of the many compatible chess software programs available.
This elegant chessboard is made in Holland and Spain, and brings advanced technology to your home to maximize your PC chess playing experience.
FEATURES OF THE DGT ELECTRONIC CHESSBOARD
* The DGT Electronic Chessboard is an accurate and fast chess move input device for your computer.
* Broadcast chess games over the Internet.
* Ideal for tournament presentation.
* Let the computer analyze games while playing a human opponent.
* Automatically store games in the memory of the board while you play, and retrieve the games as PGN later
* Beautifully-inlaid wood board with official FIDE Tournament size squares (2.25 in x 2.25 in or 5.5 x 5.5 cm)
* Chessboard only .75 in or 1.8cm thick, the same as a normal chessboard
* Modern, reliable sensor technology recognizes each piece accurately and fast. Each piece is identified by color and type. This gives you extra reliability in fast blitz games and makes setting up chess positions easy.
* Internal memory (for 500 moves)
* Driver CD included
* Can be connected to the DGT XL or DGT 3000 Digital Chess Clock (sold separately).
The DGT Electronic Board is supported by many programs, and new programs are added frequently.
POPULAR PROGRAMS INCLUDE:
* ChessBase products: ChessBase, Rybka, Fritz, Hiarcs, Nimzo, Junior, etc.
* Pocket Grandmaster 2.0: a fully featured and extremely strong award winning chess playing program for Pocket PCs running Pocket PC 2002+ or Windows CE 3.0+.
* Arena (All versions) A GUI to play with many chess engines like Craft, GNUChess, LambChop and many, many more
* Internet Chess Club:
* Chess Assistant